Welcome to a New and Exciting School Year!
Message from the Director
It is my sincere pleasure to welcome you to MPUSD and to our preschool program. The MPUSD Preschool Program is comprised of several programs, each offered to meet the individual needs of a diverse group of children and families. In this website you will be able to learn about each of the programs offered and will be able to determine which of these options best matches and fulfills the needs of your particular family.
We, at MPUSD, are committed to serving the needs of the community. We are pleased to offer the preschool experience to families who are seeking high quality preschool experiences for their children. We know that once families experience the high expectations and quality of education in the MPUSD School District it will become their district of choice for many years to come. What better way to begin then start right now through the preschool experience.
As the administrator of the MPUSD Preschool Program I offer my commitment to your child and your family. I look forward to meeting families and beginning the journey of your child's education. We are your partners in education. We look forward to working together with you as your child learns, grows, and develops.
Dr. Ercilia Donnelly
At MPUSD, the health and safety of our students and staff is our utmost priority. Over the past year we have taken the following preventive measures to help safeguard our schools:
- Established close working relationships with the fire and police departments in all our communities to understand our role and responsibilities in handling emergency situations.
- Committed funds to place school resource officers on our campuses
- Held Community Safety Meetings with the Police Chiefs of Marina, Seaside and Monterey
- Trained administrators and staff to handle emergency situations and communications
- Updated crisis management plans and practiced safety drills, intruder alerts and lockdowns
- Installed security fencing, and obtained a Secure our Schools Planning and Implementation Grant ($275,000)
- Purchased emergency communications systems for all district sites
- Contracted Canine Inspection Services to monitor our schools
- Implemented ParentLink mobile communications application to increase instant communication
- Increased and promoted the availability of mental health resources to students and families
- Created an anonymous Tip Line for reporting safety issues or concerns on the MPUSD website, school webpages and via ParentLink mobile communications application
- Instituted an emergency communication protocol to keep Parents informed using three methods of communication (web posting, letter home, and instant messaging via ParentLink)