Now accepting pre-school applications for 2015-16
Children must be potty-trained and are accepted based on income eligibility requirements. Breakfast is served in the morning program and lunch is served in the afternoon program.
- Child’s birth certificate or passport
- Proof of immunizations (Diphtheria, Pertussis, and Tetanus (DPT); Polio; Measles, Mumps, and Rubella
- (MMR); Hepatitus B; and Varicella/Chickenpox)
- Current proof of income
- Verification of employment and/or attending school
Contact the Monterey Peninsula Unified School District Early Childhood Education and Family Support Services at Cabrillo Family Resource Center at 831.392.3456, ext. 2222 for additional information.
Message from the Director
Welcome to the MPUSD Preschool Program. Our program incorporates several facets in order to best meet the needs of families in our learning communities. This website contains information about our different programming options and will aid you in choosing the program that best meets your needs.
MPUSD is committed to providing enriching preschool programming and to supporting our families by delivering high quality learning experiences to children.
As the Director of Early Childhood Education and Family Support Services, I am committed to your child and your family. I look forward to meeting you and assisting in the learning experience of your child. We are here to work with you as partners at this amazing and exciting time in your child's life.
Coordinator of Elementary and Early Childhood Education
and Family Support Services
Bienvenidos al Programa de Educación Preescolar de MPUSD. Nuestro programa incorpora varias facetas para satisfacer mejor las necesidades de las familias en nuestras comunidades de aprendizaje. Este sitio web contiene información acerca de nuestras diferentes opciones de programas y le ayudará a elegir el que mejor se adapte a sus necesidades.
MPUSD se compromete a proporcionar enriquecedores programas de educación preescolar y a apoyar a nuestras familias al ofrecer a los niños experiencias de aprendizaje de alta calidad.
Como la Directora del Programa de Educación Temprana y Servicios de Apoyo a la Familia, estoy dedicada a su hijo y su familia. Espero con anticipación conocerle y asistir en la experiencia de aprendizaje de su hijo. Estamos aquí para trabajar con usted en esta increíble y emocionante etapa en la vida de su hijo.
Directora del Programa de Educación Temprana, y
Servicios de Apoyo a la Familia
State Preschool Program Available
At MPUSD, the health and safety of our students and staff is our utmost priority. Over the past year we have taken the following preventive measures to help safeguard our schools:
- Established close working relationships with the fire and police departments in all our communities to understand our role and responsibilities in handling emergency situations.
- Committed funds to place school resource officers on our campuses
- Held Community Safety Meetings with the Police Chiefs of Marina, Seaside and Monterey
- Trained administrators and staff to handle emergency situations and communications
- Updated crisis management plans and practiced safety drills, intruder alerts and lockdowns
- Installed security fencing, and obtained a Secure our Schools Planning and Implementation Grant ($275,000)
- Purchased emergency communications systems for all district sites
- Contracted Canine Inspection Services to monitor our schools
- Implemented ParentLink mobile communications application to increase instant communication
- Increased and promoted the availability of mental health resources to students and families
- Created an anonymous Tip Line for reporting safety issues or concerns on the MPUSD website, school webpages and via ParentLink mobile communications application
- Instituted an emergency communication protocol to keep Parents informed using three methods of communication (web posting, letter home, and instant messaging via ParentLink)