Parent and community involvement will enhance our capacity as an educational community to mobilize resources and efforts to release the inherent intellectual capacity of Every Student to reach academic proficiency with confidence.
MPUSD Community Collaborative - MPUSD Community Collaborative would be honored to have you attend our meetings for the 2012-2013 school year on the 2nd Wednesday of the month from 8:30 am to 9:45 am at:
The Instructional Materials Center
540 Canyon del Rey
MPUSD has a wonderful opportunity to continue to develop partnerships with community organizations and agencies for the purpose of serving students and their families in our communities.
The MPUSD Community Collaborative is a means for organizations to network, share information, advertise events, and support each other in our efforts to provide services to our community.
Your participation in this Community Collaborative is needed. Find out how your organization or agency can partner with MPUSD in creating quality programs and services for students and their families.
For more information please contact:
At MPUSD, the health and safety of our students and staff is our utmost priority. Over the past year we have taken the following preventive measures to help safeguard our schools:
- Established close working relationships with the fire and police departments in all our communities to understand our role and responsibilities in handling emergency situations.
- Committed funds to place school resource officers on our campuses
- Held Community Safety Meetings with the Police Chiefs of Marina, Seaside and Monterey
- Trained administrators and staff to handle emergency situations and communications
- Updated crisis management plans and practiced safety drills, intruder alerts and lockdowns
- Installed security fencing, and obtained a Secure our Schools Planning and Implementation Grant ($275,000)
- Purchased emergency communications systems for all district sites
- Contracted Canine Inspection Services to monitor our schools
- Implemented ParentLink mobile communications application to increase instant communication
- Increased and promoted the availability of mental health resources to students and families
- Created an anonymous Tip Line for reporting safety issues or concerns on the MPUSD website, school webpages and via ParentLink mobile communications application
- Instituted an emergency communication protocol to keep Parents informed using three methods of communication (web posting, letter home, and instant messaging via ParentLink)